The Transport Systems Catapult chaired Intelligent Mobility Planning, Action and Coordination Team (IM-PACT) meets to discuss ways of accelerating innovation in transport systems and intelligent mobility.
The initial focus for the team is on autonomous vehicles and the need to coordinate ICT, Telecomms, Data and Infrastructure in order to facilitate their application on UK roads. In the future the team will tackle intelligent mobility in rail, aerospace and maritime.
Membership of IM-PACT UK is drawn from senior representatives across the wide range of influencers of future transport needs and delivery, initially focusing on Automotive, Telecomms, Infrastructure and ICT supported by officers from BIS and DfT and the Transport Systems Catapult who will act as secretariat and coordinator.
Key aims for the team include:
- Identify relevant sectoral strategies, EU and government policies and global trends that will influence the future Intelligent Mobility market
- Review the existing knowledge of the market opportunity to ensure all stakeholders have adequate visibility
- Define the current UK capability in Intelligent Mobility technologies to respond to those opportunities and then identify key areas of capability to develop and areas where new capabilities need to be developed
- Develop a coherent strategy for UK plc with regard to Intelligent Mobility policy and technology development
- Consider and advise on strategically important emerging issues affecting the transport community and stakeholders
- Recommend future activities and structure to develop the UK’s capability and potential to gain a large share in the growing Intelligent Mobility market