The Transport Systems Catapult was created to drive and promote Intelligent Mobility – using new and emerging technologies to transport people and goods in a smarter, safer, greener and more efficient way.
We are helping UK businesses create products and services that meet the needs of the world’s transport systems as they respond to ever-stretching demands. We help sell UK capability on the global stage, while also promoting the UK as a superb test bed for the transportation industry.
With a clear emphasis on collaboration, we are bringing together diverse organisations across different modes of transport, breaking down barriers and providing a unique platform for meeting the world’s most pressing transport challenges.
Centrally located in the new town of Milton Keynes, our innovation centre is a world-class collaboration space for innovators, entrepreneurs, researchers, business leaders and people passionate about how technology can improve transport systems.
On-site we have facilities for the development of Connected and Autonomous Vehicles, Virtual Reality solutions and Data Exploitation amongst others. Our in-house capability team also includes experts in areas as diverse as Customer Experience, Freight Logistics and Artificial Intelligence.
Our mission is to drive global leadership in Intelligent Mobility, promoting sustained economic growth and well being through integrated, efficient and sustainable transport systems
We work across all major forms of transport, with an emphasis on seeking solutions that can be applied to multiple modes.
We are currently focused on the following market opportunity based segments:
• Human-Centric Design to ensure the user is at the heart of new products and services
• Modelling & Visualisation Platform models to exploit the way in which new services can be provided and user engage with them.
• Intelligent Mobility Data Hub to drive more intelligent decisions for transport providers and users
• Operational Trials & Evaluation to unlock greater capacity and productivity in existing and new infrastructure
• Critical Systems and Software Development to ensure the UK is at the forefront of this area.
Highlights of some of our current and recent projects can be found here.
The Transport Systems Catapult is one of eleven elite technology and innovation centres established and overseen by the UK’s innovation agency, Innovate UK.
For more information on the Catapult programme, please visit www.catapult.org.uk